About USTER AG
For more than 60 years, USTER AG has offered a comprehensive service covering all aspects of real estate. USTER is the right choice for project development & architecture, implementation & marketing as well as real estate management in Zurich and Central Switzerland. At the same time, USTER integrates ecological, social and economic objectives. As a planner and general contractor, USTER serves private and institutional property owners along with the public sector.
Within the parameters of USTER AG’s tender for the modernisation of its existing Windows 7 client infrastructure, WISE IT was able to impress with an initial rough design for a “Modern Workplace”. Following the commission to reconstruct USTER’s local IT infrastructure, WISE IT undertook the migration of the existing mail servers and server components to the Microsoft cloud seamlessly and without interruption. WISE IT subsequently replaced the existing telephony solution with Microsoft Teams and, within a short time, the client managed to integrate the numerous innovations and advantages of Teams and Office 365 into its daily business and appreciate its benefits. Workshops were held and continuous documentation was created.
The technical assistance provided by WISE IT included the following:
- Conception, planning and implementation of new, hybrid, on-premises, cloud IT infrastructure
- Migration of e-mail and user data to the MS 365 cloud (Swiss based)
- Equipping new computers and notebooks with Intune and Autopilot (Endpoint Manager)
- Replacement of the existing network and security infrastructure.
- Construction of a highly available virtualisation and multi-level backup solution
- Replacement of the existing PBX telephone system and integration of Microsoft Teams
- Support for the renewal of the existing application infrastructure
- Setting up Azure Monitor to proactively monitor system availability
- Creation of system and user documentation.
The following graphic outlines the new IT infrastructure:
Benefits and WISE IT Services
Not only was the outdated operating system replaced by Windows 10, but Office 365 services were also introduced, which Microsoft had just launched in Q1/2020 with Swiss operated data centres. In this way, WISE IT was able to ensure the mobility of employees through cross-device communication with e-mail or teams, as well as with cloud-based online services from Microsoft (https://portal.office.com). With the services from Microsoft Azure, we were able to supplement and expand the locally operated infrastructure with selectively chosen functions. The client sees the potential of these services which make daily business easier and allow for new collaborative possibilities. In short, USTER AG benefits from the IT solution integrated by WISE IT in the following ways:
- Mobile access to data and programmes
- Multifactor authentication and modern security components
- Low-maintenance infrastructure, simplified system deployment processes
- 24/7 monitoring and proactive fault intervention
- Full performance, transparent and calculable costs
- High availability of all components thanks to redundant design in all areas
- Guaranteed response time in emergencies
Technologies currently being used at USTER AG include:
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft Azure AD, Azure Monitor, Teams, Microsoft 365
- Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive
- Autopilot, Intune Software Deployment, Endpoint Manager
- Network and firewall components
- Hyper-V, Replication, Veeam Backup
- Microsoft SQL Server
USTER AG and its employees are very satisfied with their new, stable and user-friendly IT environment. Thanks to the active support of our partner companies Cooqie and Oqtotec, the project was brought to a successful conclusion. WISE IT appreciates the excellent cooperation between our clients and colleagues, thank you very much!
WISE IT can support you in the successful implementation of your IT projects.